The upcoming 2019 Annual Spring Meeting not only offers all of the usual benefits of an AOAO conference, but it also provides an opportunity to network with orthopedic surgeons, residents, and other osteopathic medical students who are interested in the profession of Orthopedic Surgery.
Some student activities at the conference to look forward to
- Mentorship Program
- New updates to the SAOAO Mentorship Program have been made and will be implemented at this year’s Annual Spring Meeting. Join us for an opportunity to establish a relationship with orthopedic surgeons and residents who are interested in mentoring students! This session will allow the chance for structured interaction with someone who was previously in your position as a student and willing to help you along the way to becoming a future orthopedic surgeon.
- Program Director & Resident Panel
- With the Single Accreditation System that will be in effect for the class of 2020, students inevitably have questions regarding the process and future of traditional Osteopathic Orthopedic Residency Programs. Come join our Resident and Program Directors Panel to gain further insight into the updates for showcased programs.
- Casting & Suturing Clinic
- Students will have an opportunity to learn the fundamentals of casting and suturing. The workshop will be led by Orthopedic Residents who will teach the techniques using orthopedic case examples.
- Additional events include
- Recently Matched 4th Year Student Panel- How to survive and thrive during rotations
- Fundamentals of Fracture Fixation
- Student lead poster presentation session, see your colleagues present their research posters and gain insight into how to structure your future poster
Check out our T-shirts and Polos for sale!
All proceeds will be directed towards enhancing the student experience at the Annual 2019 AOAO Conference. Spot our display table near the student meeting!